T 54
~65.000 units
Medium tank
Weight: 36 tons
Length: 9,0/6,45 m
Width: 3,27 m
Height: 2,4 m
Armour: 170/203 mm
Gun: 100 mm
Engine: 520 hps
Speed: 48 km/h
Crew: 4
Range: 440 km

T 54 was a development of T 44 and taken into duty in 1950.
The hull was totally welded and the tower had two hatches (se picture). No rollers supported the band who was lying on top of the wheels. The armour got thicker by the years plus abc-protection and diving ability. It came in many versions (the turret had several models) and was the backbone of the tank weapon of the Warshaw Pact in the 1950s and early 1960s. The T-54 and T-55 were very alike looking and produced in vast numbers for over thirty years.